Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the hottest stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. New dine-in movie theater and microbrewery premieres on San Antonio’s Far West Side. A new dine-in theater that boasts its own microbrewery is headed to San Antonio. Flix Brewhouse, from Round Rock, Texas, will debut in Alamo City early next year.
2. Here are the 5 best things to do in San Antonio this weekend. It's the weekend before Halloween, and the city is alive with fun events, from Mala Luna Music Festival to a family-friendly Día de Los Muertos celebration at Hemisfair.
3. Southern restaurant with famous fried chicken roosts in North San Antonio. Austin-area favorite The Rolling Rooster is swooping into San Antonio. The fried chicken joint will open the doors to its Stone Oak outpost next month.
4. Password-required San Antonio speakeasy opens and more local food news. The only way to get into this new Prohibition era-themed bar? A secret password.
5. San Antonio cathedral scares up spot among most haunted places in U.S. Only one place in Texas was scary enough to land on this list, and it's right here in San Antonio.