Editor's note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From craft beer to a space institute, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. New Northside carnitas, a blooming Southtown bar, and hot collabs sizzle in San Antonio food news. Our weekly roundup of essential food news includes a Netflix-approved food truck's new location, a coffee shop calling it quits, a taco-and-tequila fest, and more.
2. Twin Liquors brings back popular weekend 'Dollar Sale' in San Antonio. Twin Liquors, a family-owned store based in Texas, has brought back its annual "Dollar Sale" to local stores, August 24-26. Hey, that's right now.
3. Texas university to build new $200 million institute for space exploration in Houston. Texas A&M University is building a new institute in Houston focused on aerospace: Called the Texas A&M Space Institute, it'll be constructed next to NASA's Johnson Space Center, with a goal of ensuring that Texas remains a leader in space exploration.
4. What’s brewing in San Antonio: Vista Brewing makes a comeback while 2 others close. Here's our roundup of everything that's hopping in local beer right now, from a reopened taproom to a couple of unfortunate closures.
5. 24 fast-growing San Antonio companies earn spots on coveted Inc. 5000 list. Two dozen San Antonio-based companies have undergone explosive growth in revenue over the last few years, with one such business landing in the top 200 of the prestigious 2023 Inc. 5000 list.