Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. Long-awaited upscale steakhouse finally fires up first San Antonio location. After years of anticipation, J. Alexander's sister restaurant Redlands Grill has opened in San Antonio's La Cantera Heights.
2. Beloved San Antonio bakery butters up Northwest Side with anticipated opening. In other tasty news, La Panaderia opened the doors to its third location on April 2, just in time for Easter treats.
3. Top San Antonio chef serves up new al fresco garden party and food fest. A picnic-style food fest featuring a host of top talent is headed to town this month.
4. Acclaimed San Antonio museum unveils major works from women artists. Three significant works from women artists — spanning 100 years and representing generations of women — have been added to the McNay's celebrated collection.
5. Texas launches statewide COVID-19 vaccine appointment scheduler. All Texans 16 and older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19, and the state has launched a new tool to make finding an appointment easier.