These 16 contenders battle it out as San Antonio's best new restaurant, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From San Antonio's best new restaurants to the housing market and the Jonas Brothers, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. These 16 contenders battle it out as San Antonio's best new restaurant. Round 2 of our Best New Restaurants bracket is now underway. Click here to see who's left and vote for your favorites, then join us on May 18 to toast the winners.
2. San Antonio deemed the No. 9 U.S. housing market for growth and stability in 2023. San Antonio-New Braunfels earned its ninth best housing market ranking due to its massive 204 percent home price increase since 1998.
3. Legendary Gruene Hall nominated for coveted country music honor. Built in 1878, the legendary venue bills itself as "the oldest continually run dance hall in Texas" and has hosted some of country music's most celebrated names.
4. Mythical living plant sculptures take root (and wing) at San Antonio Botanical Garden. Debuting on Saturday, May 6, Imaginary Worlds: Once Upon a Time makes its Texas debut with towering whimsical plant sculptures.
5. Jonas Brothers bring their most ambitious tour yet to San Antonio. The band is touring in support of their latest album, The Album, set for release on Friday, May 12.