Speedy new San Antonio roller coaster zips into this week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the hottest stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. Texas’ fastest wooden roller coaster finally drops into San Antonio. Are you ready for this ride? The tallest, longest, and fastest wooden roller coaster in Texas will open at SeaWorld San Antonio later this month.
2. San Antonio stunner only hotel in Texas among U.S. News & World Report's best of 2020. San Antonio's gem of a hotel, Hotel Emma, is checking in with another big accolade — it's the No. 10 best hotel in the U.S. this year.
3. Dreamy new boutique hotel floats onto San Antonio River Walk. In more hotel news, New York-based Dream Hotel Group will debut a 217-room boutique hotel — featuring two restaurants and a bar — on the San Antonio River Walk in 2023.
4. San Antonio Book Festival debuts world-famous lit event and author lineup. The San Antonio Book Festival returns in April, and, in addition to 150-plus authors from around the globe, this year's fest will also include the very first Lit Crawl for Alamo City.
5. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. Stomp and Sarah McLachlan are in town this weekend, but perhaps the buzziest event on the books is the Barbie Truck Totally Throwback Tour, which arrives Saturday, February 8, for one day only.