Check ’em out
These are the 9 best hotels in San Antonio, says Condé Nast Traveler
Mar 1, 2022 | 10:08 am
Image courtesy of Thompson San Antonio
Struggling to decide where to book a staycation? Having trouble figuring out lodging recommendations for visiting friends or relatives? Condé Nast Traveler may have the answer.
The magazine just published a list of what it claims are the nine best hotels in San Antonio. In no particular order, they are:
- Hotel Havana.Condé Nast Traveler says the Cuba-inspired hotel is “the perfect sport for creative types, couples seeking a romantic getaway, or anyone planning to see a show at the nearby Tobin Center for the Performing Arts.”
- Thompson San Antonio. The magazine emphasizes the fabulous fare served at the hotel. “You can count on the creations of a James Beard Award-nominated chef to be seriously good, but no one at the restaurant Landrace takes themselves too seriously,” Condé Nast Traveler says.
- Hotel Valencia Riverwalk. The magazine praises the elegant downtown hotel for leaning “into the city’s Spanish ties with elegant ironwork, hand-crafted tiles, and a stunning vaulted ceiling reminiscent of a Rioja wine cellar.”
- The St. Anthony, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Antonio. “Presidents, princesses, and celebrities like John Wayne and George Clooney have all passed through the doors of this century-old hotel. Today, it continues to impress with museum-worthy fine art, French antiques, and top-notch service,” Condé Nast Traveler notes.
- Canopy by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk. The magazine describes this property as an “activities-driven hotel” that offers complimentary bikes, boozy yoga classes, and a chic foosball table. “When you do want to relax, creature comforts abound: Nespresso machines, Aptiva bath products, and a chaise lounge in every room.”
- La Cantera Resort & Spa. “In addition to an adults-only floor and luxe villas perfect for large groups, guests will delight in the exclusive spa treatments and memorable dining options — from a concept dedicated entirely to charcuterie boards to a juicery that offers mood-enhancing Lotus Wei elixirs,” Condé Nast Traveler points out.
- Hotel Emma. “Expect to be pampered at this brewery turned boutique hotel that is the crown jewel of the happening Pearl District,” the magazine says of Hotel Emma, which is no stranger to national recognition.
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa. “Kids and kids at heart will fall hard for this multifunctional resort spread across 600-plus acres,” Condé Nast Traveler gushes.
- Menger Hotel. “Convention goers and first-time visitors alike will appreciate how the hotel has evolved alongside the city (especially now as it witnesses a new iteration of Alamo Plaza),” the magazine says.