Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the hottest stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. Gourmet hot dog chain teases plans for 2 new locations in San Antonio. 'Cause you can never have enough gourmet hot dog restaurants, Alamo City is getting not one, but two in 2020. California-based Dog Haus announced a major expansion into the Texas market this week, including 10 shops in Austin and outposts in Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio.
2. Cult taco chain blazes into San Antonio with new location and more food news. Five years after opening its first restaurant in San Antonio, Torchy's is firing up another one. Though we know the address is 18210 Sonterra Pl., a rep wasn't able to give an opening date. Bummer.
3. San Antonio named one of the nation's most affordable cities for startups. There is no doubt that San Antonio's innovation sector is booming, but a new study finds that when it comes to startups, the city is one of the best in the country. Not only does SA rank in the top 10, it tops the rest of Texas when it comes to investment.
4. San Antonio apartment boom sees major slowdown in 2019, report says. Every rose has its thorn. What goes up must come down. And what's a top city for startups in one story is also seeing a construction slowdown in another. Overall, apartment construction in the Alamo City is down 41 percent in 2019.
5. San Antonio's sizzling real estate market continues to heat up as prices climb. But it's not all bad! San Antonio Board of Realtors released their latest report last week, and spoiler alert: San Antonio's housing market is continuing to heat up as more people move into town for all those startups. Plus, it's not like they can live in apartments...