San Antonio singer owns the stage on 'The Voice' and charms all four judges, plus more top stories
Editor's note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From emerging talent to old institutions, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. San Antonio singer owns the stage on 'The Voice,' charms all four judges. In an episode that aired on Monday, October 2, San Antonio's Rudi Gutierrez wowed all four judges with a rendition of Lesley Gore's "You Don't Own Me."
2. Here are the top 7 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. The Jonas Brothers are making waves on their nostalgic tour, and fans in red dresses have descended upon venues across the country.
3. UTSA outpaces progress of every other school on U.S. News' best Texas colleges list. The University of Texas at San Antonio has earned the highest increase of all public universities on U.S. News and World Report's new list.
4. An anticipated beer hall, Vietnamese sandwiches, and a Pearl rebirth uncork San Antonio food news. This week's food news was full of casual food, beer, and wine.
5. Official Texas Fashion Week sashays into San Antonio with top emerging designers. The annual affair strutted into San Antonio on October 1 with a full slate of runway shows, educational programs, and glamorous celebrations.