Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the hottest stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. 8 brand-new craft breweries barreling into San Antonio right now. Beginning in November and through February, the city will open not one, not two, but eight new breweries. Sure, they may differ when it comes to location and style of brews offered, but they are all working to transform San Antonio into a bonafide beer destination.
2. 9 festive Texas towns to visit for a magical holiday experience. These small Texas towns all go big for the holidays, providing the perfect backdrop to fulfill all our Hallmark Channel-fueled Christmas fantasies.
3. Peppy all-day cafe and cocktail bar bellies up to North San Antonio. All-day cafes are trending throughout the country, so it was only a matter of time before they started popping into San Antonio. Full Belly will be open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and is practically guaranteed to leave you with, ya know, a full belly.
4. Local healthcare leader shares personal story of combating HIV/AIDS in San Antonio. San Antonio’s week-long expansion of World AIDS Day is both a memorial and a reminder of the impact HIV is still having on people across the globe. Here, a local healthcare worker shares her story from the front lines of the battle to end HIV and AIDS.
5. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. This weather makes us feel more like taking a long walk outdoors rather than cozy up by a fire, but it's still the holiday season, so let's get festive. Here are our picks to get you in the spirit of the season all weekend long.