Editor’s note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. Feds freeze out local Dairy Queen operator for $358,000 in back pay. The area operator of 19 DQs must pay more than $350,000 in back wages and interest to managers.
2. San Antonio suburb zooms onto list of America’s biggest boomtowns. Nearby New Braunfels ranks as one of the nation’s top 50 boomtowns.
3. What to know about Southtown’s glittering new upscale seafood spot. The splashy new fine-dining restaurant, appropriately named Up Scale, is now open in Southtown.
4. San Antonio coffee company percolates with potential for over 1,300 stores in U.S. To start, the veteran-founded coffee company plans to have seven San Antonio locations in 2023.
5. Billion-dollar project will power up 400 new jobs in San Marcos area. A new solar power storage plant and battery power storage plant are in the works for Texas' "Innovation Corridor."