Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. San Antonio museum lifts curtain on glamorous new Hollywood exhibit. The first-ever collaboration between the McNay Art Museum and the University of Texas gives guests a rare glimpse into the golden age of film and scenic art.
2. San Antonio ends scorching summer with double-digit climb in home prices. There's no way around it: Despite the pandemic, the San Antonio housing market is hot, hot, hot, with the average home price up 12 percent year-over-year.
3. Customizable mac 'n' cheese restaurant bowls over San Antonio's Northwest Side. A restaurant specializing in made-to-order mac 'n' cheese and grilled cheese — aptly named I Heart Mac & Cheese — will make its Alamo City debut in 2021.
4. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. A new art exhibition blooms at the San Antonio Botanical Garden, plus more weekend fun.
5. San Antonio do-gooder gets famous on Lay's potato chips bag. A local hero is one of 30 people featured on bags of Lay's potato chips hitting shelves this month.