Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. Texas' best barbecue joint stars in new Netflix series. The Lone Star State's legendary Snow's BBQ and its 85-year-old pitmaster Tootsie Tomanetz take the spotlight on the newest season of Chef's Table.
2. Central Texas town could face 'economic ruin' due to pandemic, says new study. A new report names San Marcos, home to Texas State University, one of 30 U.S. college towns whose economy is at risk due to the pandemic.
3. Dazzling new boutique hotel beckons for a getaway to charming North Texas town. Granbury has long been a top spot for a quick getaway, but the new Hotel Lucy — full of personality and fun — may have you rethinking the "quick" part.
4. Texas university's COVID-fighting device gets green light with FDA approval. An innovative ventilator designed at Rice University has received Emergency Use Authorization amid the COVID-19 crisis.
5. San Antonio-founded cafeteria chain Luby's announces plan for imminent closure. The announcement of Luby's plan to liquidate its assets sent fans of fried fish and mac and cheese into a tizzy this week. But the cafeteria's not gone yet, its COO tells us, so get your LuAnn platter now.