Pop star pops the question to San Antonio model, plus more top stories
Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. Model daughter of wildly wealthy San Antonio family reportedly engaged to pop star. San Antonio's Henry family is making headlines again. This time, it's daughter Maya, the model, who just got engaged to former One Direction star Liam Payne.
2. Major travel site crowns this Texas city one of the nation's best places for a quick trip. The long holiday weekend beckons for a getaway, and you're in luck, as one of best places for a quick trip is just an hour up the road.
3. 5 top Texas hotel-resorts with wild waterparks for late summer getaways. Looking for more Labor Day weekend fun? These Texas resorts boast splashy waterparks — and two are right in San Antonio's backyard.
4. Longstanding Texas food charity grows presence with new San Antonio chapter. This week, the Austin Food & Wine Alliance launched a new statewide umbrella organization — Texas Food & Wine Alliance — as well as corresponding chapters in San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas.
5. San Antonio's 'best' pop-up restaurant finds permanent home at Pearl. Exciting news for an exciting local food concept: Best Quality Daughter will open its brick-and-mortar in the Pearl this fall.