Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. This weekend's top picks include the virtual version of the San Antonio Film Festival and a drive-thru safari experience.
2. City of San Antonio now operating 2 walk-up locations for free COVID-19 tests. For the month of August, these sites are open seven days a week, 10 am-2 pm — no appointment needed.
3. 3 San Antonio hospitals named among state's best in prestigious report. U.S. News & World Report's annual ranking recognizes three Alamo City hospitals among Texas' best and also spotlights their top achievements.
4. 3 San Antonio hotels check in with prestigious annual travel award. If you're looking for a nearby getaway, consult this travel report, which honors the darling Hotel Emma and two family-friendly San Antonio spots.
5. Vacation company slashes 170 jobs in San Antonio due to COVID-19. The coronavirus' drastic impact has forced a time-share company to cut jobs across the state, including in San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas.