San Antonio lands nonstop flight to Mexico hot spot, plus more popular stories
Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. San Antonio lands new nonstop to Mexico hot spot from low-cost airline. Sun Country will take off from San Antonio to Cancun — nonstop — beginning Memorial Day weekend.
2. H-E-B carts out free curbside pickup at Texas stores. The beloved grocer is doing away with its $4.95 curbside fee at more than 250 stores (provided the minimum purchase of $35 is met).
3. San Antonio tech company clocks in among best employers in U.S., says Inc. Eleven Texas companies appear on the list, including one in the Alamo City.
4. Texas ranching heiress' art trove fetches $157 million at auction. Records were broken for works by Richard Diebenkorn, Kenneth Noland, and Larry Rivers in the auction, which Sotheby's called "the most significant collection to come to auction for years."
5. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott to cut off federal pandemic unemployment benefits next month. Texas will end federal unemployment benefits related to the COVID-19 pandemic, effective June 26.