Texas companies are really workin’ it, according to their employees, but only one San Antonio business made the cut on Inc. magazine’s 2021 list of the country’s best workplaces.
Of the 429 businesses named May 12 to Inc.’s list, IT services provider Mobius Partners was the sole Alamo City employer represented as a top place to work. The 20-year-old company credits the acknowledgement to its unique company culture.
“At Mobius Partners, our team is like family,” Junab Ali, co-founder and president of Mobius Partners, says in a release about the recognition. “Our workplace culture is built on support of our employees’ professional and personal development. We go the extra mile to maintain strong relationships among our team that result in high employee tenure, enhanced levels of expertise and, ultimately, more satisfied customers.”
Each nominated company took part in an employee survey, conducted by Quantum Workplace, on topics including management effectiveness, perks, and employee growth. Also, each organization’s benefits were audited to help determine the employer’s standing.
The publication notes that the list took on a new significance this year, considering the impact the pandemic has had on businesses far and wide.
“The definition of a positive workplace has changed drastically over the past year,” says Inc. magazine editor-in-chief Scott Omelianuk. “Stocked fridges and nap pods were no longer perks many companies could rely on once work went remote. So, this year’s list is even more important, as it reveals organizations that continue to enrich the lives of its employees amid a pandemic.”
Though Mobius Partners was the only local company to get some Inc. love, plenty of other Texas companies made the best workplaces list, including seven Dallas-Fort Worth employers, four Houston-area employers, and 11 Austin employers.
Austin area companies receiving kudos are:
- 9Gauge Partners, a business management consulting firm.
- AgileAssets, a provider of transportation management software.
- AlertMedia, an emergency communication and monitoring platform.
- Decent, a provider of health insurance.
- Fourlane, a provider of QuickBooks support.
- Made In Cookware, an e-commerce startup that sells pots, pans, and other cookware.
- Mighty Citizen, a branding, marketing, and communications firm.
- OJO Labs, a platform for buying and selling homes.
- Ontic, a company whose software helps companies address physical threats.
- Q1Media, a digital media company.
- The Zebra, an insurance marketplace.
Dallas-Fort Worth area employers on the list include:
- Staffing and recruiting firm BridgeWork Partners, Dallas.
- Commercial real estate services company esrp, Frisco.
- Staffing agency Frontline Source Group, Dallas.
- PR and marketing firm Idea Grove, Dallas.
- HVAC and plumbing warranty company JB Warranties, Argyle.
- Technical consulting firm Stratosphere Consulting, Dallas.
- NetSuite consulting firm The Vested Group, Plano.
Houston area employers on the list include:
- Marketing and PR firm CKP, Houston.
- Environmental restoration company Ecosystem Planning and Restoration, Tomball.
- IT automation platform Liongard, Houston.
- Online recruiting service WizeHire, Houston.