Historic San Antonio mansion will become hotel and restaurant, plus more popular stories
Editor’s note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. Historic San Antonio mansion to transform into restaurant and hotel. The Koehler House has new owners — and they have big plans to make the landmark a restaurant, hotel, and entertainment destination.
2. San Antonio-born chicken chain’s sister brands hatch major expansion. The international offshoots of San Antonio-born Church’s Chicken are set to open 100 restaurants this year in the Americas, Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
3. These are the 9 best hotels in San Antonio, says Condé Nast Traveler. Just in time for spring break (or a much-needed staycation), the travel authority has named Alamo City's best lodging.
4. 6 things to know in San Antonio food: Famed chef constructs new casa in Southtown. This round of restaurant news also includes new spots for sushi and birria.
5. San Antonio Botanical Garden brings back in-person PechaKucha Night. The beloved storytelling event returned to San Antonio following a year-and-a-half-long hiatus.