H-E-B rolls out purchase limits for shoppers, plus more popular stories
Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. H-E-B rolls out new restrictions on food and supplies after winter storm. To ensure all shoppers have access to the products they need in the aftermath of Winter Storm Uri, H-E-B implemented restrictions on certain items. While some restrictions have been lifted, as of February 26, limits on water, milk, bread, ice, and some non-food items remain.
2. 6 San Antonio eateries land on Texas Monthly's best new restaurants list. The magazine's annual best new restaurants list looks different amid the pandemic, but that didn't stop six new San Antonio spots from landing in the spotlight.
3. 6 things to know in San Antonio food now: Smokin' taco chain opens in Medical Center. There's a new Torchy's in town, plus we round up how to support food-focused nonprofits in need after the winter storm.
4. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. Consider participating in these community events to spread a little kindness this weekend.
5. New fund pipes in emergency plumbing assistance to San Antonio residents. San Antonio Water System has launched a new program to help residents get pipes repaired and water flowing again.