One San Antonio hospital recently ranked among the top five best hospitals in Texas and in the top 250 hospitals in the U.S. Methodist Hospital in San Antonio earned the highest ranking for Coronary Intervention, beating Houston and Austin hospitals to land the No. 1 spot in that category in Texas.
Houston Methodist Hospital secured a three-peat as the best overall hospital in Texas for the third year in a row. The 907-bed facility at Houston-based Texas Medical Center is also one of the 50 best hospitals in the country and the only Texas hospital to make that list.
Healthgrades, an online platform for finding physicians, hospitals, and other health care providers, rates hospitals based on clinical outcomes such as rates for patient deaths and treatment complications. For this year’s list, Healthgrades evaluated clinical performance at nearly 4,500 hospitals.
“For almost 25 years, our mission has been to provide consumers with clear and accessible information to make more informed health care decisions,” Dr. Brad Bowman, chief medical officer and head of data science at Healthgrades, says in a news release.
The Healthgrades rankings “provide consumers with increased transparency regarding the care in their areas, and empowers them to make more confident care decisions for themselves and their families,” Bowman adds.
Joining Methodist Hospital in San Antonio in Healthgrades’ national top 250 this year are:
- Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center – Houston
- Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital – Houston
- St. David's Medical Center – Austin
- St. David's South Austin Medical Center – Austin
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital – Houston
- Memorial Hermann, Texas Medical Center – Houston
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – McKinney
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple
- Doctors Hospital at Renaissance – Edinburg
- Hendrick Medical Center – Abilene
- Medical City – Arlington
- Medical City – McKinney
- William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital – Dallas
This article originally appeared on our site InnovationMap.