Here's how much money San Antonians make in a year
As one of America's next boomtowns, San Antonio proudly boasts a double-digit job growth rate. But what do those jobs pay?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor's recently released 2015 Occupational Employment Statistics, the average occupational salary in San Antonio is $43,740.
That's below the national average, $48,320, and Texas average of $46,560. Residents in Houston ($51,830), Dallas ($50,480), Austin ($49,560), and Fort Worth ($45,560) make more on average than locals.
The report also provides a detailed look at the most popular jobs in San Antonio along with their average salaries. However, the majority of these occupations, which employ the most workers, offer below-average salaries:
- Retail salespersons: $27,710
- Customer service representatives: $31,130
- Food prep and serving workers: $18,330
- Office clerks: $33,630
- Cashiers: $20,460
- Personal care aides: $17,670
- Waiters/waitresses: $22,970
- Registered nurses: $66,310
- Janitors and housekeepers: $22,240
- Secretaries and administrative assistants: $32,470
The highest paid San Antonians are anesthesiologists ($278,040) and surgeons ($243,600). On the other end of the spectrum are personal care aides, food prep and serving workers, and fast-food cooks, the three lowest-paying jobs with annual incomes.
Want more great stories like these delivered to your inbox daily? Then sign up for our emails.