San Antonio airport earns sky-high ranking as one of the cleanest in North America
It’s something of a clean sweep: For the second year in a row, San Antonio International Airport has been named one of the most hygienic airports in North America.
Airports Council International World just crowned the San Antonio airport one of last year’s top eight airports in North America in terms of hygiene protocols. The San Antonio airport earned the same honor in 2020.
The ASQ Award for Best Hygiene Measures is based on data collected in 2021 from more than 37,000 traveler surveys. The award recognizes airports for health measures they’ve instituted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Winners of the hygiene awards “are especially reflective of customer experience leadership during the most challenging time in our sector’s history,” says Luis Felipe de Olivera, director general of Airports Council International World.
The San Antonio airport will be honored later this year at an ACI World event in Poland.
“Now more than ever, it’s important to listen to our customers,” says Jesus Saenz Jr., director of airports for the San Antonio Airport System. “This highly regarded award is validation for every employee on our team. It’s an incentive to continue our work, listen to our customers, and to surpass their expectations.”
Here are the other North American winners of the hygiene awards:
- Corpus Christi International Airport.
- Gerald R. Ford International Airport in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport in Greer, South Carolina.
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.
- Tampa (Florida) International Airport.
- Canada’s Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Canada’s Victoria International Airport.