Veteran San Antonio bar owners strike a chord with 2 new Southtown concepts, plus more top stories
Editor's note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From new Southtown bars to geeks and parades, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Veteran San Antonio bar owners strike a chord with 2 new Southtown concepts. Mere days after announcing the shutter of St. Mary’s Strip bar Squeezebox, Aaron Peña announced two new concepts in collaboration with Roger Herr of Bar Loretta.
2. San Antonio boasts 11th hottest ZIP code in U.S. for buyers, report says. San Antonio tracks with a post-pandemic trend that where buyers are gravitating toward “a small-town feel" while still close to bustling downtown amenities.
3. San Antonio is the 3rd geekiest city in America. A new surprising report has deemed San Antonio one of the geekiest cities in the country, with two other Texas neighbors in the top 10.
4. San Antonio flips the switch for tickets to annual Ford Holiday River Parade. Tickets are now on sale for the 42nd annual Ford Holiday River Parade and Lighting Ceremony on November 24.
5. San Antonio's free jazz festival trumpets new location at Hemisfair. Now in its 40th year, San Antonio’s most beloved jazz festival is moving to Civic Park, the long-awaited new green space at Hemisfair.