HEAD OF THE CLASS
College students looking for an exemplary education in Texas can still apply to this top-ranking San Antonio university before its early decision deadline on November 1.
It's perfect timing, as Trinity Universityhas earned the No. 3 spot in WalletHub's 2024 ranking of the best colleges and universities in Texas. This also comes only a month and a half after its triumph on education review platform Niche's small and liberal arts college lists.
The personal finance experts analyzed more than 800 colleges and universities in the United States using 30 metrics to determine their rankings.
Trinity earned second place in the categories for the best acceptance rates (28 percent in 2023), and for its student-to-faculty ratio (nine students per faculty member). In the categories for graduation rate and post-attendance median salary, the private institution earned No. 7 and No. 5, respectively.
According to U.S. News and World Report, Trinity's tuition and fees cost $51,352.
Gerardo L. Blanco, an associate professor at Boston College, provided some advice for prospective students aiming to graduate college with minimal debt and significant job prospects in their chosen degree field. He advised that students learn the difference between a university's "sticker price" versus the net price after financial aid. It could be particularly useful for students planning for a post-secondary education at private institutions like Trinity University.
"There are public universities, both flagship and regional, that offer great value for money," Blanco said. "Many private non-profit institutions are committed to promoting access and, even with higher sticker prices, offer generous financial aid."
In WalletHub's regional ranking of best universities in the South, Trinity earned No. 15.
Out of the top 500 universities in the nation, Trinity ranked No. 69. Yale University took the No. 1 spot in the country, followed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (No. 2), Princeton University in New Jersey (No. 3), and California Institute of Technology (No. 4). Harvard University in Massachusetts rounded out the top five.
The top 10 colleges and universities in Texas are:
- No. 1 – Rice University, Houston
- No. 2 – The University of Texas at Austin
- No. 3 – Trinity University, San Antonio
- No. 4 – Texas A&M University-College Station
- No. 5 – Southwestern University
- No. 6 – Southern Methodist University
- No. 7 – University of Dallas
- No. 8 – Austin College
- No. 9 – LeTourneau University
- No. 10 – Texas Christian University
- San Antonio university declared one of the top schools in Texas ›
- This San Antonio university offers one of the best college values in the U.S. ›
- San Antonio university scores top grade as best small college in Texas ›
- Loaded-up Alamo Biscuits arrive in 2 convenient San Antonio locations ›
- Esteemed San Antonio university graduates to higher level in higher education ›
- San Antonio university graduates to the top of new ranking of best Texas schools ›
- Trinity University ranked best in class among all Texas colleges ›
- Esteemed San Antonio university earns No. 20 ranking among America's best small colleges ›
- Trinity University ranked best in the West by prestigious report ›