Where to round out Black Restaurant Week San Antonio, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. 8 mouthwatering spots serving up specials during Black Restaurant Week San Antonio. Each year, participating restaurants agree to donate a dollar from a special to a local charity; this year, the San Antonio Food Bank.
2. Ride a giant concha bike when this funky mural rolls into San Antonio's Medical Center. The owner of Alamo Biscuit Co. and Panaderia has decided to transform his storefront via a humungous 1,300-square-foot mural with an Alamo City Twist.
3. Local artist floods San Antonio with two water-inspired performances. Pamela Martinez works with a revolving crew of collaborators to explore “water as a carrier of culture throughout the city.”
4. San Antonio retires into 6th best spot in the country to put away your work boots. Rental marketplace Zumper analyzed data from 100 cities nationwide to find the best American cities to retire, ranking San Antonio at No. 6.
5. Here's the income it takes to live among the top 1 percent in Texas. SmartAsset analyzed 2019 data from IRS tax units and adjusted the figures to 2022 dollars to find the top 1 percent and 5 percent in the state.