Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the hottest stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. Where to eat right now: San Antonio's 5 best restaurants of 2019. San Antonio has had no shortage of new restaurants crop up in 2019, but which eateries are actually worth a visit? CultureMap's list of the five best new restaurants may vary in culinary style and price point, but they all have one thing in common: They could not exist anywhere else.
2. New 150-room Wyndham hotel crops up on charming Texas Hill Country winery. The Baxter family, owners of Fiesta Winery, is building a 150-room hotel on its property, located just outside of Fredericksburg's charming downtown. Among the new features of the Wyndham will be a meeting space and, of course, a tasting room.
3. DJ-inspired yoga studio spins into San Antonio's Medical Center district.An innovative new yoga studio is taking shape on Louis Pasteur Drive. House of RhythOM opened last week offering an array of styles, from prenatal to hatha and beyond, and features a DJ-curated playlist for each class.
4. Northwest Side hooks first San Antonio location of Cajun seafood chain. A New York chain specializing in Louisiana-style seafood is coming to San Antonio. (We're confused, too.) Hook and Reel Cajun Seafood & Bar will opens it's first local restaurant on the Northwest Side next year.
5. 3 traditions every San Antonian must do during the holiday season. From Fiesta in spring to Dia de los Muertos in fall, San Antonio knows how to celebrate. But there is something about the holidays in South Texas. These are the three things that, for one reason or another, symbolize the spirit of San Antonio during this time of year.