H-E-B to distribute COVID-19 vaccine in San Antonio, plus more popular stories
Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. H-E-B to distribute COVID-19 vaccines in San Antonio stores and across Texas. All of H-E-B's pharmacies are registered and ready to distribute the COVID-19 vaccine — when it becomes available to the general public.
2. 11 San Antonio hospitals among first in nation to receive COVID-19 vaccines. Before supermarket pharmacies can distribute the vaccine, these local hospitals are in line to receive more than 28,000 doses, most of which will be administered to healthcare and frontline workers.
3. Billionaire Elon Musk's potential move to Texas would make him richest in the state. Welcome to Texas, Elon. On December 8, the Tesla founder announced he'd made the move from California to the Lone Star State.
4. Famed San Antonio panadería spices up Alamo Heights with new restaurant. A new Mexican City-inspired restaurant from the brothers behind famed La Panadería is coming to Alamo Heights next year.
5. 7 things to know in San Antonio food right now: Historic building undergoes devilish transformation. This round of restaurant news includes the details on the historic Burns Building's boozy revamp.