Whataburger opens first store with polarizing new look, plus more popular stories
Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. San Antonio's beloved Whataburger opens first store with polarizing new design. A Whataburger with a brand-new look — no classic A-frame here — has debuted in the town of Bellmead, just outside of Waco.
2. Where to eat in San Antonio right now: 3 brand-new restaurants opening in December. Three new San Antonio restaurants are forging ahead to open their doors — with safety in mind.
3. Rare South Texas ranch shoots onto market for $7.9 million. Located near the legendary King Ranch, El Tecolote boasts more than 2,000 acres and is home to more than 400 species of birds.
4. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. There's festive fun to be had this weekend, from Christmas at Natural Bridge Caverns to a virtual production of A Christmas Carol.
5. Food & Wine declares 2 San Antonio-area butcher shops a cut above the rest. Head to Castroville or Poth to find some of America's best butcher shops.