Southtown burger shop shutter fires up San Antonio's most popular stories this week
Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the hottest stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. Southtown burger shop closes after owner's death, plus more San Antonio food news. Following the sudden death of co-owner Randy Vrana, popular restaurant Burger Culture closed earlier this week. Southtown Pizzeria, which Vrana also owned with wife Julie, remains open.
2. Acclaimed Monte Vista neighborhood restaurant reveals closing date. After only a few years in business, one of San Antonio’s most acclaimed restaurants is shutting its doors. Luckily, diners have until the end of the year to say goodbye.
3. Popular San Antonio movie theater reopens after Hollywood-style renovation. Thirty-year-old Cinemark San Antonio 16 unveiled its very modern new look on October 31. Among the new updates are heated recliner seats, expanded dining options, and an expanded roster of films.
4. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. Dia de los Muertos was officially Friday, but the celebrations haven't stopped. Learn all about the city's weekend-long celebrations, plus more things to do in San Antonio.
5. San Antonio-based H-E-B once again named America's top place to work. It's not only San Antonio's favorite place to shop, H-E-B is one of America's best places to work.