Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. 5 things to know in San Antonio food right now: Texas seafood chain swims into Far West Side. Two exciting San Antonio restaurant openings are just around the corner. Get the scoop in our latest dining roundup.
2. This San Antonio neighbor boasts the No. 4 best cost of living in Texas. A new study shows that one local county lands right in the financial sweet spot of a very affordable cost of living and relatively high median income.
3. America's largest indoor waterpark splashes into Central Texas. The massive 223,000-square-foot indoor waterpark will be an easy hour-and-a-half drive from San Antonio.
4. Panel makes monumental decision about future of San Antonio's Alamo Cenotaph. The monument, which pays tribute to the 200 defenders who died at the 1836 Battle of the Alamo, is staying where it is, following a vote by the Texas Historical Commission.
5. San Antonio company saluted in ranking of best employers for grads. New grads looking for that new gig should consider USAA, says Forbes.