Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. Meet the 5 chefs dishing out the best in San Antonio's dining scene. As part of our annual CultureMap Tastemaker Awards, we put the spotlight on the city's best chefs, who, despite ongoing challenges due to the pandemic are still providing the Alamo City with world-class fare.
2. The 6 top San Antonio restaurants defining the city's dining scene right now. After we introduced the best chefs, we turned to San Antonio's top restaurants. Our nominees for Restaurant of the Year are as eclectic as the city itself, ranging from casual spots focused on carnitas and noodles to swanky sit-down restaurants fit for a special occasion.
3. San Antonio's best restaurant and chef unveiled during Tastemaker Awards 2020. And the winner is... On July 23, we hosted our very first virtual awards program and finally unveiled the San Antonio Tastemaker Awards winners. Head to the story, where you can meet the winners and even watch the full awards show, hosted by Bun B.
4. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. Plan a fun bike tour around the city or find quiet respite at the Japanese Tea Garden this weekend.
5. 2 Texas tourist destinations hike onto new ranking of best U.S. state parks. You don't have to leave the Lone Star State to explore two of the country's best state parks. This new ranking takes into account solitude (important during the era of social distancing), amenities, wildlife, and more.