Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. Luxury river-front development springs up in historic San Antonio suburb. Construction is underway on a luxe little condo development just minutes from the Gruene Historic District. Prices for the posh waterfront abodes range from $485,000 to $825,000.
2. San Antonio drive-in theater revs up summer with star-studded movie lineup. Rooftop Cinema Club has been a hit in San Antonio so far, and the drive-in is expanding its lineup with even more blockbusters on the big screen through July 19.
3. West Texas destination steakhouse serves up rustic getaway 4 hours from San Antonio. We could all use a little getaway right now, and this famous Texas steakhouse has all the makings of a secluded weekend retreat that's not too far from home.
4. Texas governor shuts down San Antonio bars in response to COVID-19 surge. On Friday, June 26, Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order requiring all bars to close and making restaurants reduce indoor capacity back to 50 percent.
5. Classic San Antonio theater lifts curtain on outdoor performances for social distancing. Amid ongoing coronavirus concerns, one San Antonio theater is going outdoors-only. The Classic Theatre San Antonio will not host any indoor performances for its 13th season, it says.