Texas poised for major population milestone, plus more popular San Antonio stories
Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. Texas close to claiming 4 of top 10 largest cities in U.S., according to demographer. A new projection shows that in 2021, Austin could join San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas as one of the country's 10 largest cities.
2. San Antonio bar slapped with TABC suspension for violating COVID-19 policies. Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission has cracked down on bars across the state for COVID-19-related violations, and one North San Antonio lounge's liquor license has been suspended 30 days.
3. Here are the top 5 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. Among this weekend's top picks are getting crafty with Poetry Postcards or participating in a virtual Pride celebration will special guest stars.
4. San Antonio 2-bedroom rents fall as COVID-19 impacts housing market. The San Antonio rental landscape is a mixed bag amid the pandemic. One-bedroom rents are slightly up, while two-bedroom rents are down, according to this analysis.
5. Carnival Cruise Line suspends travel from Galveston due to COVID-19. There will be no cruising out of Galveston this summer, despite Carnival's original plan to resume service in August.