10,000-acre South Texas ranch hopes to lasso $29.75 million, plus more hot headlines
Editor’s note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. 10,000-acre South Texas ranch once owned by politician hopes to lasso $29.75 million. The ranch was once owned by the family of the late Texas politician Lloyd Bentsen.
2. 2 San Antonio neighbors cash in on list of wealthiest counties in Texas. Kendall County is the third wealthiest county in Texas, after Midland (No. 1) and Travis (No. 2).
3. H-E-B gifts $1 million to San Antonio's Brackenridge Park for new trail. Brackenridge Park Conservancy is the recipient of a $1 million gift from H-E-B that will fund a unique new walking trail.
4. River Walk hotel celebrates 40th anniversary with $38 million transformation. Hyatt Regency San Antonio updated its guest rooms and suites to reflect the upscale urban hotel’s prime position as a connecting feature between Alamo Plaza and the River Walk.
5. Spa at Hill Country resort previously owned by George Strait goes up in flames. The spa at Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort was destroyed by fire on June 20.