Massive new restaurant unveiled for the Pearl, plus more popular stories
Editor’s note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. Massive Pearl restaurant unveiled by San Antonio's newest hospitality brand. Brand-new group Potluck Hospitality's first project will be a 11,000-square-foot restaurant called Carriqui's.
2. Swanky San Antonio spot checks in as one of the hottest new hotels for 2022. Thompson Hotel - Riverwalk is the 12th hottest new hotel in America, according to TripAdvisor.
3. San Antonio sees nation's second biggest spike in rent prices, says new study. San Antonio is one of seven major metros where growth in rents surpassed growth in home values from 2000 to 2022.
4. Beloved Fredericksburg store rings up final purchase after 99 years. Dooley’s 5-10 & 25¢ has been a Main Street staple in Fredericksburg for almost a century.
5. San Antonio climbs onto list of best cities for hiking in the U.S. San Antonio ranks No. 36 on a list of best hiking cities in the country.