NOTHING TOPS THE TOWER
Tower of the Americas steals the show with return of free outdoor movie series
Capers have returned to San Antonio, so pack up the kids and pop the corn: It’s time for Movies in the Park at Tower of the Americas.
The free movie series, which runs the second Saturday of each month all the way through December 11, features an array of classics from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and more.
The series kicks off with a roar on Saturday, June 12 with a showing of cuddly favorite The Lion King, following lion cub Simba’s epic African journey as he gains an appreciation for home and family. Paws crossed that the whole Movies in the Park crowd joins in as classic songs “Circle of Life,” “Hakuna Matata,” and others play out on the big screen.
All Movies in the Park air beginning at sunset, and food and drinks are available for purchase onsite.
The remaining films and dates for the film series are as follows.
- July 10: Toy Story 4, the latest in the franchise featuring Woody and Buzz Lightyear — this time sharing their adventures with new kid Bonnie and the oddly adorable Forky.
- August 14: Avengers: Endgame, the hero-packed adventure that really shines on the big screen.
- September 11: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, which includes the final appearance of the exemplary Carrie Fisher as Leia.
- October 9: Aladdin, the live-action take on the animated Disney classic that features Will Smith as Genie in a whole new world.
- November 13: Elf, the lovable Will Ferrell-led holiday comedy about Santa’s elves, spreading Christmas cheer, and the power of redemption.
- December 11: How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the ultimate holiday classic based on the children’s tale from Dr. Seuss.
All Movies in the Park take place at the base of the Tower of the Americas at 739 E. Cesar Chavez Boulevard.
More info is available on the Tower of the Americas website.