San Antonio star chef's barbecue joint closes, plus more popular stories
Editor’s note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. Beloved San Antonio barbecue joint from star chef closes amid construction boom. Chef Jason Dady's Pearl-area barbecue joint, Alamo BBQ Company, will close on May 30.
2. San Antonio hospital named among top 5 in Texas in new report. It also earned the highest ranking in the state for Coronary Intervention.
3. Playful San Antonio pizza joint unexpectedly folds after 3 years. Playland pizza, the popular spot from chef Stefan Bowers, will serve its last slice on June 30.
4. Groovy '70s San Antonio ranch with church, saloon, & replica jail is only $3.9M. The home is available for the first time since the 1960s, and it comes with loads of quirky 1970s charm.
5. San Antonio's average home price inches closer to $400,000 in new report. San Antonio home prices continued their month-over-month climb, reaching new peaks in April 2022.