Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. San Antonio mayor calls angry letter from Texas officials 'cheap' stunt. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton recently issued a letter calling local stay-at-home orders an unconstitutional overreach. Mayor Ron Nirenberg, in turn, called the AG office's letter a cheap political stunt.
2. Air Force Thunderbirds to fly over San Antonio in tribute to healthcare workers. On Wednesday, May 13, San Antonians were treated to an exhilarating flyover by the Thunderbirds, the Air Force's elite demonstration squad.
3. Port Aransas reopens vacation hot spot Cinnamon Shore to visitors. The popular Gulf Coast vacation community reopened to visitors on May 1 with new protocols, procedures, and social distancing guidelines in place.
4. Texas-based JCPenney department store reopens San Antonio location. JCPenney's Alamo Ranch Marketplace location is open for business, offering both contactless checkout in the store and contact-free curbside pickup.
5. Sustainable flower delivery startup now blooming across San Antonio. A friendly Texas flower startup is now delivering bouquets — featuring only local blooms — across San Antonio.