Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. From new restrictions for H-E-B shoppers to a gym's weighty decision, here are the hottest headlines of the week.
1. H-E-B fires up new restrictions on meat for San Antonio shoppers during COVID-19. After removing many of its shopping restrictions, H-E-B implemented new limitations on how much meat shoppers can buy.
2. Fitness giant makes weighty decision to permanently close 3 San Antonio gyms. The coronavirus pandemic has led Gold's Gym to close more than 30 company-owned locations — three of which are in San Antonio.
3. Texas hotels, resorts, and more offer hot deals for summer travel. Consider these Texas hotels and services offering big discounts for your post-quarantine travel.
4. Spicy San Antonio eatery drops onto GQ's Best New Restaurants 2020. This low-key Caribbean spot is one of only two restaurants in Texas to land on GQ's hot list.
5. University of Texas researchers unlock potential COVID-19 treatment in unexpected source. A llama could hold the key to neutralizing the virus that causes COVID-19, UT researchers say.