Editor’s note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. New H-E-B in New Braunfels cooks up two-story barbecue restaurant. The new store had its grand opening April 29 and boasts two firsts for the brand: the first two-story True Texas BBQ and the first Home by H-E-B department.
2. New evening farmers market and movie night sprouts at Los Patios. The dining and retail destination hopes to make its First Friday Night Market a new monthly tradition.
3. 7 things to know in San Antonio food: Ramen bowls over Northeast Side. This roundup of San Antonio restaurant news is chock-full of exciting openings.
4. San Antonio sees one of nation's biggest spikes in mortgage payments. A Zillow report shows mortgage payments in Alamo City are up more than 40 percent from a year ago.
5. Historic Hemisfair house up for lease as park transformation continues. Grant funds will be use to support the build-out of the space once a small business tenant is selected.