San Antonio mayor responds to coronavirus and more of the week's top stories
Editor's note: Welcome to our weekly roundup of the hottest stories in San Antonio. Each weekend, we share five pieces that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days.
1. San Antonio mayor 'stunned' by Trump administration's response to coronavirus. In a recent interview with the Washington Post, Mayor Ron Nirenberg sounded off, candidly calling the federal administration's response to the virus "disconcerting" and the Trump administration's lack of coordination "simply stunning."
2. San Antonio's best new restaurant unwraps plans for spicy new Pearl concept. Here's some hot restaurant news. Jerk Shack, 2020 CultureMap Tastemaker nominee for Restaurant of the Year, is spinning off with a new roti concept at the Pearl.
3. Favorite San Antonio hotel among the most lucrative in Texas. San Antonio's stunning Hotel Emma is once again cashing in as one of Texas' top revenue-generating hotels.
4. Journey to this remote destination to discover one of Texas' best beaches. Matagorda Bay sits in a remote location, about three-and-a-half hours from San Antonio, but it boasts one of the state's most pristine beaches.
5. Another battle over the Alamo erupts between Texas heavyweights. There's another battle brewing at the Alamo, this one over its planned $450 million restoration.