H-E-B makes masks mandatory for shoppers, plus more popular San Antonio stories
Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. H-E-B reverses mask decision for customers after backlash. Better mask up before you head to the grocery store. After initially annoucing that masks would be encouraged, but not required, for customers, the Texas grocery chain reversed its decision.
2. Revered Dallas taco shop opens in San Antonio with 2 prime locations. Globally inspired taco shop Velvet Taco has officially made its Alamo City debut.
3. 5 weekend trips near San Antonio for an inspired pandemic getaway. These pandemic-approved Texas getaways range from charming Hill Country trips to a secluded seaside vacation.
4. New immersive experience lets Texas art lovers step inside Van Gogh masterpieces. Step inside a masterpiece courtesy of this traveling art experience that will make two Texas stops in 2021.
5. San Antonio earns depressing rank on list of happiest cities in the U.S. Well, that's depressing. A new ranking of America's happiest cities puts San Antonio on the sad end of the spectrum.