Alamo Drafthouse closes the curtain on San Antonio-area theater, plus more stories
Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. Alamo Drafthouse closing San Antonio-area theater amid bankruptcy procedures. As part of its bankruptcy proceedings and company restructuring, Alamo Drafthouse is drawing the curtain on three locations — one in New Braunfels, one in Austin, and one in Kansas City.
2. H-E-B drops mask mandate for customers after Texas governor's controversial decision. Following Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's decision to reopen Texas and remove the state's mask mandate, H-E-B announced that masks will no longer be required, but rather suggested, for Texas shoppers.
3. New guide gives good shot at finding COVID-19 vaccination in San Antonio. This online resource from Good-RX lets you learn about the COVID-19 vaccine, track availability, and set up an appointment in San Antonio.
4. San Antonio blows onto list of worst places for seasonal allergies. A new report ranks San Antonio the 16th worst in the U.S. for spring allergies and says the Alamo City is even worse off in the fall.
5. Grand San Antonio hotel and spa earns four-star ratings from prestigious travel guide. Two local hotels and one spa in San Antonio check in among the best in the world, according to Forbes Travel Guide.