Editor's note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. H-E-B opens select San Antonio stores as winter storm blasts region. H-E-B has adapted to the unprecedented winter weather by opening select Texas stores and limiting hours of operation throughout the week. This weekend, San Antonio and Hill Country H-E-B stores are expected to be open 8 am-8 pm, with purchasing limits in place.
2. San Antonio-area warming centers open amid brutal winter weather. On Wednesday, February 17, the City of San Antonio opened a vital warming center at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, providing relief to residents who were left without power during the storm.
3. Sen. Ted Cruz scuttles back to Texas after getting busted on Cancun getaway. In the midst of a historic winter weather event in which millions of people across Texas were without power, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz went to Cancun.
4. City unveils timeline for grand downtown San Antonio park. Construction on what is being called "the grandest of Hemisfair's park series" will begin this fall, with an opening slated for 2023.
5. A massive number of people are relocating to Texas from these 2 states. More than 500,000 people moved to Texas in 2019, the majority coming from two states, according to a new report released by Texas Realtors.