Editor’s note: Each weekend, we share five stories that captured the attention of the Alamo City over the past seven days. Here are the most-read stories of the week.
1. San Antonio Asian eatery named one of 10 best new restaurants in U.S. Local favorite Best Quality Daughter earns its spot among America’s best new restaurants, according to USA Today’s 10Best.
2. San Antonio star chef rolls out limited-time New Orleans-style menu. Chef Steve McHugh will let the good times roll with this menu of New Orleans-inspired haute cuisine.
3. Lauded chef Andrew Weissman departs acclaimed San Antonio restaurant. But don’t fret — he’ll be cooking up new culinary projects.
4. New Braunfels beekeeper goes national with buzzworthy PBS reality show. The show, which follows beekeeper Charlie Agar’s work along the Austin-San Antonio corridor, will air nationwide this spring.
5. South Texas town’s patriotic extravaganza honors Washington’s Birthday. This birthday bash boasts more than a month of events and is worth a weekend trip.