Making the Grade
San Antonio university graduates to the top of new ranking of best Texas schools
An esteemed San Antonio university is once again at the top of the class. Personal finance website WalletHub has added to Trinity University’s accolades with a No. 3 ranking in Texas and a No. 61 ranking nationally among 2022’s best colleges and universities.
To determine the top-performing schools, WalletHub compared more than 1,000 institutions in the U.S. across 30 key measures, including student-to-faculty ratio, graduation rate, and post-school median salary.
In Texas, Trinity ranks No. 3 for admission rate and student-faculty ratio, No. 5 for post-school median salary, No. 6 for graduation rate, and No. 21 for gender and racial diversity. Not every ranking is that stellar, though. It comes in at 52nd for on-campus crime and 51st for net cost among 55 Texas schools.
Joining Trinity as the top schools in Texas, according to WalletHub, are the following institutions:
- Rice University (No. 6 nationally)
- University of Texas at Austin (No. 45 nationally)
- Trinity University in San Antonio (No. 61 nationally)
- Texas A&M University in College Station (No. 127 nationally)
- Southwestern University in Georgetown (No. 144 nationally)
- University of Dallas (No. 152 nationally)
- Southern Methodist University in Dallas (No. 178 nationally)
- Austin College in Sherman (No. 192 nationally)
- LeTourneau University in Longview (No. 231 nationally)
- University of Houston (No. 238 nationally)
- University of Texas at Dallas (No. 252 nationally)
- Texas Christian University in Fort Worth (No. 253 nationally)
- Baylor University in Waco (No. 357 nationally)
- Texas Lutheran University in Seguin (No. 375 nationally)
- Southwest Adventist University in Keene (No. 407 nationally)