An esteemed San Antonio university is once again at the top of the class. Personal finance website WalletHub has added to Trinity University’s accolades with a No. 3 ranking in Texas and a No. 61 ranking nationally among 2022’s best colleges and universities.
To determine the top-performing schools, WalletHub compared more than 1,000 institutions in the U.S. across 30 key measures, including student-to-faculty ratio, graduation rate, and post-school median salary.
In Texas, Trinity ranks No. 3 for admission rate and student-faculty ratio, No. 5 for post-school median salary, No. 6 for graduation rate, and No. 21 for gender and racial diversity. Not every ranking is that stellar, though. It comes in at 52nd for on-campus crime and 51st for net cost among 55 Texas schools.
Joining Trinity as the top schools in Texas, according to WalletHub, are the following institutions:
- Rice University (No. 6 nationally)
- University of Texas at Austin (No. 45 nationally)
- Trinity University in San Antonio (No. 61 nationally)
- Texas A&M University in College Station (No. 127 nationally)
- Southwestern University in Georgetown (No. 144 nationally)
- University of Dallas (No. 152 nationally)
- Southern Methodist University in Dallas (No. 178 nationally)
- Austin College in Sherman (No. 192 nationally)
- LeTourneau University in Longview (No. 231 nationally)
- University of Houston (No. 238 nationally)
- University of Texas at Dallas (No. 252 nationally)
- Texas Christian University in Fort Worth (No. 253 nationally)
- Baylor University in Waco (No. 357 nationally)
- Texas Lutheran University in Seguin (No. 375 nationally)
- Southwest Adventist University in Keene (No. 407 nationally)