One popular San Antonio neighbor ranks among the most livable small cities in America in 2022, according to personal finance website SmartAsset.
This year’s SmartAsset study lists New Braunfels (No. 86) among the best small cities (those with populations between 65,000 and 100,000) to live.
SmartAsset’s analysis compared 286 cities across 11 metrics related to home affordability, job opportunities, health care accessibility, income equality, and entertainment density.
Topping the SmartAsset list of small cities again this year is O’Fallon, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis. Flower Mound, Texas, blossomed into the list's top five, coming in at No. 4.
It's not the first accolade for New Braunfels, where the 78130 ZIP code nabbed the No. 4 spot on Opendoor's recent list of 10 most popular ZIP codes for homebuyers.
Elsewhere in Texas, the most livable small cities are:
- Mansfield (Dallas metro area), No. 35.
- Cedar Park (Austin metro area), No. 44.
- Georgetown (Austin metro area), No. 63.
- North Richland Hills (Dallas metro area), No. 78.
- Atascocita (Houston metro area), No. 85.
- Missouri City (Houston metro area), No. 90.
- Temple (Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood metro area), No. 96.
- Rowlett (Dallas metro area), No. 103.
- Harlingen (Brownsville-Harlingen metro area), No. 113.
- Victoria (Victoria metro area), No. 146.
- Edinburg (McAllen-Edinburg-Mission metro area), No. 172.
- Pharr (McAllen-Edinburg-Mission metro area), No. 173.
- Bryan (Bryan-College Station metro area), No. 175.