As the annual Fiesta San Antonio returns this week, the Department of Arts & Culture has released the Official City of San Antonio 2022 Fiesta Medal. Commemorating the new public art installation Vibrant Village by local artist Joan Fabian, the medals will be available to San Antonians for free during five Fiesta Medal Giveaway events.
“Vibrant Village captures the exciting energy and rhythm of our city through bursts of color to welcome visitors and employees alike to City Tower,” says Interim Executive Director Krystal Jones in a release. “It aligns perfectly with the sensory experience of Fiesta San Antonio — vibrant, lively and large scale.”
A series of 12 paintings located in the lobby of the City Tower building in downtown San Antonio, Fabian’s artwork depicts iconic landmarks and city departments throughout Alamo City. The limited-edition commemorative medals will be available on a first come, first serve basis at the following locations:
- Wednesday, March 30, 5-6 pm: Bloom at Eisenhower Park, 19399 NW Military Hwy.
- Thursday, March 31, 2-3 pm: Inside Centro de Artes Gallery at Historic Market Square during Fiesta De Los Reyes, 101 S. Santa Rosa Ave.
- Friday, April 1, 5-6 pm: La Veladora of Our Lady of Guadalupe in front of the Guadalupe Cultural Art Center, 1315 Guadalupe St.,
- Saturday, April 2, 9 am-12pm: Mission Marquee Plaza during the Farmers & Artisans Market, 3100 Roosevelt Ave.
- Sunday, April 3, 1-3 pm: Spheres of Reflection at Martin Luther King, 3503 Martin Luther King Dr.
The medals will be available through the Department of Arts & Culture’s Donate to the Arts program. Any contributors donating $20 or more will be mailed one Official City of San Antonio 2022 Vibrant Village Fiesta Medal, while supplies last. Visit sanantonio.gov/arts for more information.
Fiesta San Antonio kicks off on Thursday, March 31, and the citywide party runs through April 10. Find the full Fiesta calendar at fiestasanantonio.org.