this week's hot headlines
Chicken salad and tacos top this week's 5 most-read San Antonio stories
Editor's note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From a new chicken salad restaurant to the best events to kick off the first weekend of 2024, here are the five most-read stories over the past seven days.
1. New chicken salad restaurant with drive-through nests in New Braunfels.After opening two locations in San Antonio in 2023, one medium-sized chain is expanding its empire throughout Central Texas with New Braunfels in its crosshairs.
2. Traveling restaurant reviewers plan filmed pit stop for famous San Antonio tacos. Naco Mexican Eatery has already achieved elite status – and America's Best Restaurants, an online guide that helps foodies find great restaurants by state, is inviting the rest of the country in on the secret.
3. San Antonio's 10 most-read stories of 2023: Restaurant openings, closures, and Hill Country getaways. In 2023, we saw the most interest in restaurant happenings and Hill Country travel getaways.
4. Here are the top 6 things to do in San Antonio this weekend. Get 2024 fully underway with the help of some can’t-miss activities happening throughout Alamo City.
5. Secret rooms and green accents top winter design trends, says Houzz. Texas' true winter weather won't catch up for a while, but there's still plenty of time to redecorate and find inspiration for that next home improvement project.