Hill Country road outside San Antonio is one of the best scenic routes in the U.S., plus more top stories
Editor's note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From Hill Country greatness to absolute escapism, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. This winding Hill Country road outside San Antonio was voted one of the best scenic routes in the country. This is good news for visitors, and bad news for people who want to save on gas.
2. Hill Country winery scores big on list of world's best vineyards for 2nd year in a row. William Chris Vineyards, in Hye, received more well-deserved accolades.
3. Book a nonstop flight out of San Antonio to these 6 summer getaway destinations. Feeling flighty? Here's where you can go without a layover.
4. Barbie movie pops out of the box with existential adventure that's fun for all. Come on, Barbie, let's go have an existential crisis. Here's what our critic thought.
5. Texans spend the 3rd lowest amount of money on energy, new report finds. The average Texan's total energy consumption cost is about $379 a month.