Stunning new art exhibition celebrates 100 years of Texas State Parks, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Stunning new art exhibition celebrates 100 years of Texas State Parks. Kicking off at the Bullock Texas State History Museum in Austin, "The Art of Texas State Parks" will travel to several cities around Texas between 2023 and 2024.
2. Travel + Leisure named this North Texas city among the world's 11 best places to visit in January. Travel + Leisure has named Fort Worth one of the 11 best places to travel in the United States and around the world in January 2023.
3. San Antonio Spurs break NBA ticket records with 50th Anniversary celebration at the Alamodome. Friday’s matchup was only the fourth NBA game with an attendance exceeding 50,000.
4. Downtown San Antonio museum kicks off 2023 with a free Wild West Wildlife festival this month. The Briscoe Western Art Museum hosts its family-friendly Wild West Wildlife festival on January 21.
5. Tom Hanks gets good again playing a grump in A Man Called Otto. The film calls upon Hanks to play a grump, a trait that wouldn’t seem to mesh with his typically friendly demeanor.